SOUTH PORTLAND FIRE DEPARTMENT
A progressive ISO Class One Fire Department on the Southern Maine Coast is looking for qualified, motivated, and career oriented individuals. Preference will be given for Paramedic applicants. The Department is responsible for Fire, EMS and Hazmat response.
The City offers a robust selection of employee benefits, stability of employment and strong leadership. Benefits include stellar health insurance options for employees and families, participation in the Maine Public Employees Retirement System with a substantial employer match, competitive wages, PTO, fitness incentives, an annual clothing allowance, dental, vision, life, income protection, and long term disability insurances, flexible spending accounts and more. The City also offers outstanding tuition reimbursement, health insurance “payment-in-lieu”, and professional development opportunities.
All eligible candidates must:
- Be at least 20 years of age at the time of application
- Provide a photocopy of a valid operator's license
- Provide a photocopy of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Be at least a certified EMT-Basic or higher (include supporting documentation)
- Passed the South Portland PAT or provide proof that they have passed a CPAT exam dated within the last twelve months
- Be eligible to lawfully accept and maintain employment in the United States, and have no disqualifying criminal convictions or conduct.
A background check, job performance assessment, fitness and medical evaluations, and other pre-employment screening will be conducted.
All applicants must submit proof that they have passed a CPAT exam from a licensed CPAT administrator dated within the twelve months preceding the date of application.
Sign-up for an appointment to take the South Portland PAT exam that will be held in South Portland
2020 Spring PAT Test Dates
- May 11th (Please note with the COVID-19 issues this is subject to change)
ALL APPLICANTS WILL NEED TO CONTACT FF RAY HEAL (RHEAL@SOUTHPORTLAND.ORG) TO SIGN UP TO TAKE THE PAT TEST which will be held at South Portland Central Fire Station 684 Broadway, South Portland Maine
Applications may be obtained online at www.southportland.org or from the
Human Resources Department at
25 Cottage Road,
South Portland, ME 04116-9422
Equal Opportunity Employer